Thick Texas toast slathered with melted butter, garlic, Parmesan and oregano covered in two layers of melted mozzarella and provolone cheese is absolutely irresistible!
My family craves this semi-homemade cheesy Texas toast that is so easy to make and tastes great with pasta meals or a nice piece of meat.
GARLIC BREAD TOAST RECIPE
Garlic, Parmesan, mozzarella and provolone on buttered bread is the BEST combination we’ve found for semi-homemade garlic toast. We love a thick piece of bread to serve along side several of our meals and Texas Toast is perfect to use.
This garlic toast is a great way to make a restaurant-style bread to go along with Pot Roast or Pork Chops. This recipe is a perfect way to use bread that is starting to go stale. My kids absolutely love bread, and picking up some day old bread that has been marked down is and is a great value.
Cheese toast recipe has our garlic, oregano and Parmesan spread from our popular Stromboli. The mixture adds so much flavor sandwiched between the bread and cheeses.
GARLIC BREAD IN TOASTER OVEN
Our family of four prefers making this garlicky bread in our air fryer and toaster oven because the tray holds 6 slices of Texas Toast and heats up so quickly. The toaster oven is most convenient for me, but I have certainly made this recipe in the oven and that works fine too.
Some pepperoni can easily be added to have a heartier appetizer or meal and make another spin on one of my favorites – Air Fryer Pizza Sliders.
CHEESY TEXAS TOAST ON THE GRILL
Grilling is one of our favorite ways to make dinner in nice weather. Everything can be made on the grill which saves a mess and cuts down on dishes inside the house. Marinated Pork Chops or Sweet & Sour Chicken Kabobs make an amazing meal served with a slice of cheesy Texas toast.
When making grilled cheesy toast I always use a layer of foil to prevent burning and help the bread warm more evenly. Heavy Duty aluminum foil is thicker and preferable, but regular foil is better than nothing.
Placing bread on the top rack is a great way to warm the bread and melt the cheese without the higher heat of the bottom grill grate.
- 4 slices of Texas toast (thick-sliced bread)
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese or any cheese of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix the softened butter with minced garlic, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. This will create a flavorful garlic butter spread.
- Take each slice of Texas toast and spread one side with the garlic butter mixture. Make sure to coat the entire surface.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet, buttered side up.
- Take a slice of cheese and place it on top of each slice of bread.
- Put the baking sheet with the bread and cheese into the preheated oven. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the bread is golden brown.
- Once the Texas toast with cheese is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the Texas toast with cheese as a side dish or enjoy it as a delicious snack.
Note: You can customize this recipe by adding other ingredients like cooked bacon, sliced tomatoes, or jalapeños before baking. Feel free to experiment and create your own variations!