Delicious, creamy Amish Country Casserole is an economical recipe enough for 8 – 10 servings. Make-ahead and freezer friendly recipe !
- 500 g Pasta, your choice ( 16 oz )
- 1 TB Olive Oil extra-virgin
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 t Garlic, crushed
- 750 grams Lean Ground Beef, ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- 600 grams canned Tomato Soup, condensed ( 22.6 oz )
- 600 grams canned Mushroom Soup, condensed (22.6 oz )
- 1 cup Milk, ( 250 ml / 8.45 fl oz )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 t Paprika
- 1/2 t Dried Parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a large oven dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the Pasta, in a large pot, as per the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, saute the Onion and Garlic in the Olive Oil until soft – add the Ground Beef and cook until done.
- As soon as the Pasta is done – drain and return to the pot.
- Add the cooked Meat, Tomato and Mushroom Soups and Milk to the Pasta – stir through – season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
- Transfer to the prepared oven dish – sprinkle with Paprika and Parsley – bake 25 – 30 minutes.